Kennedy and I recently had another play date w/ Leah (my cousin's wife) and Peyton (who she watches full-time). This time we were graciously invited to join them for a fun 'bring a friend' day @ Peyton's gymnastics class. She attends the Little Gym in Rogers, and it was a very neat place! It took K a lil' while to warm up to all of the new kids/parents and the open group participation...which didn't surprise me that much b/c of the "warm up to new, overwhelming social situations" stage she's been in ever since she got close to 2 yrs. old. Plus, all of the parents there that day said their children did the same thing for the first several sessions when they began attending. It's only surprising since she used to be 'Miss Social Butterfly' basically I guess.
She loved the free time/unstructured playtime that followed the lg. group time and really opened up to trying everything! She was fine and dandy w/ anything the teacher wanted her (or the group) to do after that! Balance beam fun, basketball, bubbles, fwd. tuck 'n rolls, etc. I think she and Peyton had fun together, and we look fwd. to doing it again w/ them in a few months hopefully!
(Note: I'm not in many w/ K b/c I was behind the camera trying to get some pics of her 1st gymnastics experience.)
K certainly got a lot of joy out of sharing her experience w/ Daddy later that evening! It was very sweet!
1 comment:
This looks like loads of fun. I will have to check around here for a gym for toddlers when Livi is a bit older!
Post a Comment