Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Rainy day entertainment



During all of our recent rain, we've resorted to finding new things to do (and build) around the house. On free days with no MBSF events or errands interrupting the day...the kids love to play in homemade forts! Kennedy eventually transfers majority of her toys/dolls/art to the fort, and Will throws every SINGLE one of his balls in there as well. : ) His reaction to the last fort we built was priceless! He repeatedly said and waved "bye bye", crawled under the fort, threw a ball out of the fort, chased after it, rolled it back into the fort, and then repeated it all over and over again. It was pretty funny!






And since a few of the chairs to the kitchen table were holding up the fort...I let Kennedy eat lunch from her little table in the living rm. a couple of days. She thought she was pretty special and found some interesting ways to have fun while "eating" both days. I looked over there @ one point to ask if she was eating her food, and this is what I saw...

A good 'ole tea party w/ her baby dolls! Too fun, right?! She informed me that Katie (aka - "Crazy hair Katie") needed another hot dog. : )




2 comments:

Rita said...

We build forts/tents at our house too pretty often. Tea parties are a daily must for my little Livi. I love the dolls crazy hair, we have those too. Too cute!

Teresa Mom said...

What a fun day! Rainy days can be fun days, too. You also loved to make forts in the house when you were their age. You and Steph would play in them as long as I would leave them up. XOXO