The last month has been a whirlwind! Here's a little of what's been going on in our lives...
- K turned 2
- K got the flu (and praise the Lord...P and I did not)
- P re-planned our MBSF mission trip in 9 days to a new location
- I attended a "Ministers' Wives' Retreat" @ one of our local Baptist campgrounds
- We went on several more deputations to speak to churches around the state a/b MBSF
- I helped host a friend's shower for the 2 beautiful girls they recently adopted
- I attended another close friend's bridal shower in BA
- We hosted approx. 50 people in town for an MBSF 'Family Wknd.'
- K and I have been on several play dates w/ friends
- We've celebrated several family members' birthdays recently (including K's Aunt Kimberly)
- We hosted a fellow MBSF director from Malvern, AR @ our house for a few days
- The kiddos and I have enjoyed playing the warmer weather outdoors
- K and I have been on several play dates w/ friends
- We've celebrated several family members' birthdays recently (including K's Aunt Kimberly)
- We hosted a fellow MBSF director from Malvern, AR @ our house for a few days
- The kiddos and I have enjoyed playing the warmer weather outdoors
- Etc., Etc., Etc.
Therefore, it's not very surprising to say...
I know exactly what we're doing every, single wknd. from now until the wk. b/f lil' man arrives in May as well! Geeesh!
We have truly learned to only trust the Lord w/ our commitment to such an important ministry as MBSF. The time involved is certainly a blessing yet very consuming on the same hand. We know that the Lord planned our baby boy's due date in HIS perfect timing b/c of how it falls soon after the students' Spring semester ends. It will definitely allow us to focus all of our attention on our family and all of the big transitions HE has up ahead for us.
Ministers' Wives' Retreat:

Therefore, it's not very surprising to say...
I know exactly what we're doing every, single wknd. from now until the wk. b/f lil' man arrives in May as well! Geeesh!
We have truly learned to only trust the Lord w/ our commitment to such an important ministry as MBSF. The time involved is certainly a blessing yet very consuming on the same hand. We know that the Lord planned our baby boy's due date in HIS perfect timing b/c of how it falls soon after the students' Spring semester ends. It will definitely allow us to focus all of our attention on our family and all of the big transitions HE has up ahead for us.
Ministers' Wives' Retreat:
Best friends from h.s. @ Linnie Foley's wedding shower:
Just a few pics from MBSF 'Family Wknd.' in Fayetteville:
Chick-Fil-A play date w/ Leah and Peyton:
Birthday parties galore:
(P's sister and K's "Aunt Kimmie")
Bro. Ian Kumpe (MBSF dir. from Quachita Tech Univ.) spending time w/ K @ our house:
PREGNANCY UPDATE...
I am now 30 wks. pregnant and will even be 31 wks. already in just a couple of days. I am SO stinkin' excited! Still feeling great and just dealing w/ the daily 3rd trimester "lovelies" (as I call them). : )
Besides the usual waking up in the middle of the night stiffness, peeing more often than normal, braxton hicks when I push it "lovelies"...everything is going very smoothly! We're just so excited to realized that in almost 9 wks.-our precious boy will BE HERE! No matter what! (And that is if he just comes on time and not early.)
K loves referring to him as her "bubba" now and doesn't seem to joke a/b him being a "baby sisser" (aka-sister) instead anymore! She loves walking in his rm. and telling us who's rm. it is, setting up his bedding, buying him things, etc. We're already anticipating the close relationship they'll have someday soon! We pray that He continues to prepare our hearts and minds for the precious moments to come in our family...
7 comments:
Wow, girl, y'all have been SO busy!!! The pics of Kennedy with your belly are priceless! I can't believe that sweet boy will be here so soon!
Ok, so question - since you guys aren't revealing his name, does Kennedy know his name?? If she does, how do you keep her from saying it when you are around others??
Looks like y'all have had an exciting month. You look great! Can't wait to meet your little guy!
Hey girlie! Your belly has really popped! I am sorry to hear Kennedy got the flu! That must have been AWFUL! Hope you're feeling good!
You have been very busy! I am glad that you are doing well!!
Okay, you have to frame the belly picture of you and Kennedy! Both of you are really cute. :) That's neat that she is realizing her brother is coming. Looks like you all have been busy. Try to take it easy, everything is harder to do when you are carrying that baby.
WOW......you are such an amazing woman!! I really admire you for all that you are taking on and preparing for your little man. You and your family will be in my prayers. Good Luck with all!!!! your little K is adorable!!!
Busy, busy, busy!!! I am glad everything is going well with your pregnancy!!
Post a Comment