Thursday, June 11, 2009

Days before the hospital...



We were EXTREMELY busy during the days and weeks leading up to Will's arrival!  

Besides the obvious church responsibilities and final "getting ready for baby" chores that had to be done around the house b/f he was born, we finally bought and assembled the play yard/swing set that we promised Kennedy for this past Christmas and birthday combined.  Gammi and Pops helped too!  Geesh...are those things ridiculously expensive or what?!  Pops helped Daddy put it together for her one full Sat. (a few wks. b/f my due date), and then Daddy was able to finish it the following wk. on his own.  They did a fabulous job I must say!  Oh, and Kennedy just LOVES it!  ...as does every other child who has been over to the house and played on it.  Her face when she's on it says it all!

The Monday b/f I went into labor, my sister (Steph) and nephew (Ayan) came in town.  Due to the 32 hr. labor, we didn't have much "play" time b/f he arrived.  But that was fine w/ me!  I wanted him here so badly and my due date was the Mon. she came into town!
However, we did get some fun time in w/ the kiddos that Mon. night.  After my appt. earlier that day and no change...we took Ayan and Kennedy to Lake Fayetteville to play @ the park and get some more walking in.  They always say to let gravity take its course, so we tried!  I guess the previous days/weeks of walking weren't as beneficial...b/c little did I know what was in store for me later that night and the following day!  
After the park, we went and ate meat-lovers pizza (for the spicy meat effect to possibly help) @ the delicious Guido's Pizza near our house, and then bought a fresh pineapple to try that wives' tale as well!  : )  I started contracting @ the pizza place and they didn't even let up until 2:00 a.m.  The long labor started up 4 hrs. later @ 6:15 a.m.  But, Steph got to be here through it all!  The ups and the downs...literally!  I was SO thankful for her great help around the house and esp. w/ Kennedy those days!  ...and I love her!
Family members were in town throughout BOTH discharges Tues. and stuck it out w/ us through it all!  They were great cheerleaders and such an encouragement to me.  We were and ARE more than appreciative for their help w/ Kennedy during our hospital stay, their help around the house b/f he arrived and once we came home, their help w/ food, etc., etc., etc.  There truly are NO words to express our complete "thanks" to each and every one of them!  We are truly blessed...

Mom helping me put together Will's new bouncer

Let the construction begin (b/w rain storms that is)!

Working real hard...can't you tell?!



Kennedy "helping" out a little herself

Our neighbor and friend, Cory, helping Patrick put all of the pieces together


Trying it all out for the very first time!






(I had several more pictures of Ayan and Kennedy playing together on her new play yard as well as pics from Lake Fayet., but they have to be re-sized as well b/f Blogger will let me upload them.) : (

No comments: