Thursday, June 11, 2009

First few weeks @ home



Will is now 3 weeks old and doing wonderful still! He's SUCH a great, consistent eater and only wakes up 0-1 time a night. We've been following the same routine that we kept w/ Kennedy as a newborn, and he's proving to be a great sleeper as well! He certainly lets me know when it's time to eat too! Can we say...BOY?! Ha! He's got amazing head control as well, and has even started some little smiles already. Yea!




I am honestly so in love w/ him! And we couldn't be more thrilled w/ how well Kennedy has adjusted to being his big sister! Esp. as all of the family and friends' visits are starting to slow down a little, Kennedy's entire focus has been directed towards Will. She likes getting to bring Momma/Daddy diapers, loves getting to feed her Bubba any pumped bottles he receives, and adores getting to hold him and kiss him. She's is completely gentle w/ him in every way, and we are so thankful. We had to work the first wk. @ home on letting her know that it is "okay" when Bubba cries every once in a while. And now she gets concerned without getting scared herself. The only time she's been real upset since was during his first real bath after his umbilical cord fell off. She kept telling me that he was hurting (even though he wasn't), and showed so much compassion through this. We have been blessed by her patience and are enjoying teaching her all of the little things a/b him as well. What a joy it is!

We've had so much company come by the house since we've been home to visit and meet our lil' man. I'm starting to make a slideshow of all of the company who came by the hospital and/or our home.

But, until then...
here are some more shots of our baby boy.

Four generations on Hobbs side of the family (w/ Mamaw)


Four generations on Price side of the family (w/ Nana)














10 comments:

oh little leah said...

These pictures are adorable! I know I have seen him a lot since his arrival, BUT I check your blog for updates and pictures daily! :) Love ya!

Sarah said...

Oh Lindsey! I LOVE that picture of him looking up at you with his mouth open!! How precious! And that hair! He is too cute! I'm so happy Kennedy is adjusting well! What a sweet family!!

Nick, Lindsey, and Anniston Kennedy said...

Such a gorgeous family! Will has so much hair!!! I can't wait to meet him in person! K is so cute herself! She is getting to be SUCH a "big girl"!!! We miss you guys!!

Laura Jane said...

That picture of Will looking up at you and smiling is SO priceless! His hair is wild! Chris and I just ooh and aah over him. It's so cute that she gets concerned when he's upset, too. You and Patrick are such patient and loving parents, I hope Chris and I can do half as well. =)

Holly said...

Will is so adorable! He looks so cozy sleeping on your shoulder. I'm impressed with his sleep habits. Lilly woke up every 2 hours at that age! That is great that Kennedy is adjusting so well. You have such a sweet family!

B said...

he is an absolute DOLL!!

Ashley U. said...

Absolutely stunning children God has blessed you with...

I wish we lived closer to be a part of their lives!

Love you all, Ashley and Eliot

Mark and Cari said...

Is it okay to say that he is cute? He is absolutely adorable and a beautiful boy. Seriously, he is the prettiest boy I have ever seen, Congratulations!

amy said...

Gosh he is a cutie! And has such great coloring to him. It's good to hear that Kennedy is taking so well to being a big sister. I know that has to make it easier on you all. Glad to hear that he is adjusting to his new life well. Sounds like you are able to get some good rest at night too. YEA! Give him a squeeze for us!

jeblusk said...

He is so cute!!! Kennedy looks like she is a great big sister! Glad to hear that everything is going good!!