We celebrated Will's 1st birthday last Saturday @ a park here in Springdale. He is such a blessed little boy and he was surrounded @ his party by many of the family members and close friends who have loved him endlessly for the past year of his little life. They have all watched him grow (as have many of you), and it's been so special to celebrate our sweet boy's birthday w/ everyone! We just still can't believe his first birthday has come and gone already! : (
We did a puppy dog party for Will, since it was truly the only fitting party for him @ his current age and w/ his current love for dogs. He almost always immediately makes the "woof, woof" sound each time he sees a puppy dog or even hears the words "puppy" or "dog".
I knew (based on his personality and likes) that Will would not hesitate to eat the cake @ his party. But...WOW! He basically INHALED his cupcake! No joke. The icing was definitely his favorite, but he liked it all really. He even started to reach for another one after it was mostly gone! : ) There was certainly some clean-up involved afterwards, which mostly consisted of holding him under the water spout. But, he didn't act like he minded it @ all!
He got some fun new toys and handsome new outfits that we're so thankful for, but we enjoyed getting to spend several hours w/ our closest loved ones the most! We just hope that everyone had as much fun as the four of us did!
ALL of the kids seemed to just love the large play area @ the park, and they literally wore themselves out playing until the very last minute. We definitely did a little sweating that day, but it was SUCH a great day!
Thank you to all who came and helped make it a special birthday for our lil' man! We know that some of you sacrificed a little just to be there, and we appreciate it very much.
6 comments:
That was such a fun day!! I had a blast. I am so glad I was able to celebrate with all of you on his special day. I love you guys!!!
I can't believe how much he's changed. He is beautiful! Happy birthday!
Wow it is hard to believe that he is already one!! It looks like he had a great time at his Birthday party!! So funny to see you wash him off after he ate his cake! I love his hair!! It looks so cute on him!
That's crazy that he's already one- it went by so fast! He is adorable, Lins!
He's SUCH a cutie!! I just can't believe that he's a year old. Love y'all!
Happy Birthday sweet boy! One already...doesn't seem possible!
Post a Comment