Even though this post is way overdue, I couldn't imagine leaving out such a special part of our holiday season! Thanksgiving should be remembered and acknowledged throughout the entire year instead of just one day a year. Therefore, we try to extend the Thanksgiving traditions and time w/ extended family members as many days as we can! It's such a FABulous time of year!!!
Our Thanksgiving was wonderful, blessed, chaotic, fun, exhausting, yummy, relaxing and lovely ALL IN ONE! We spent Wed. (the day before Thanksgiving) through Sun. in Fort Smith w/ our extended families. We hopped b/w all of the Grandparents' houses (3 diff. ones), ate way too much delicious food, played plenty of games, spent some fun time outside @ my Grandad's farm, relived old family memories, watched a few movies, talked a/b life, played w/ the kids, and simply enjoyed each other's company! We could have spent another whole week w/ everyone and been just fine too! I'm just so grateful to have a husband is adores spending time w/ extended family just as much as I do. Even w/ differences and flaws and our selfish human nature...NOTHING bothers us a/b the time we spend w/ them & I'm especially sad when we leave any (and all) of them. And that's even coming from an extreme home-body (aka ~ myself)!!!
This is what I know. I know that our grandparents (esp.) won't always be around to watch our kids grow up and become whatever they strive to be. I know that our parents don't normally get to wake up multiple mornings w/ their kids and grandkids sleeping in the next room. I know that we will probably never get to honestly spend the amount of time we would like to w/ our sisters, brother-in-laws, nieces, and nephew. And I know that our Aunts/Uncles/cousins hardly ever get to sit @ the kitchen table w/ our kiddos for a meal, much less for all three meals of the day. Therefore...holidays make everything just THAT much MORE special.



And this was Kennedy the night we returned home from being out of town for the holiday. The kids slept the whole way home and then continued their sleep after we got to the house as well. : )
1 comment:
I agree with you...Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday that we should celebrate every day. (Well, minus all the eating) :-) I love reading your blog and seeing all the wonderful photos. This post was no exception. Great job capturing all the memories of Thanksgiving. By the way, I love your new border and the picture of you and Kennedy at the start of your blog. Love all of you!!
Post a Comment