On December 18th, Patrick and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. Through the 3 1/2 years we dated before getting married + the 6 yrs. of marriage...I can honestly say that I've never had such a wonderful friend in my entire life.
It's such a beautiful feeling to still look so forward to each time he comes home from work, to see the enormous amount of growth in him in the past 6 years, and to want to drop everything and just watch each and every time he's on the floor playing w/ our kids. Even though it has certainly not been easy @ times, and it's not always picture perfect by any means...I am still so thankful to have such a devoted, faithful partner by my side every, single day of my life. I am so in love w/ him and so appreciative of everything he constantly does for our family.
What a ride it's been already! We've experienced laughter, success, loss, joy, disappointment, frustration, and SO much more in these past 6 years since we took our vows. And I know that the Lord has an even greater journey in our future as we stay close to His will. He has taught us so much about ourselves, love, parenting, patience, the importance of family, timing, faithfulness and ministry. I pray that He continues to grow us as husband and wife and as parents to Kennedy and Will in the months and years to come. And we'll continue to give Him the glory through it all!
We spent our anniversary this yr. w/ family out in Huntsville, during our first of many Christmas celebrations. With our anniversary falling right b/f Christmas, we more than likely will spend majority of our actual anniversaries w/ extended family. But, it was still special nevertheless to be w/ some of the people who helped make our day so special six yrs. ago. I love my man.
No comments:
Post a Comment