Saturday, June 27, 2009

1st (and 2nd) visit to Mema's house

A couple of weeks ago we made 2 short trips down to Ft. Smith to see family. Some of Patrick's extended family from VA was in town who we don't see nearly enough, and it also gave us a chance to let Mema meet Will. Since she hadn't had the chance to make a trip to NWA to see him yet, she was MORE than excited to meet her great-grandson!

The first day I traveled by myself w/ the kids to Mema's for a fun, relaxing Fri. w/ the family (while Patrick worked). Patrick's Mom brought her little inflatable pool for the kids to play in, and they had SOOOOO much fun together! P's cousin, Jeremy, and his wife, Dawn, have 2 awesome twins...who Kennedy and our nieces truly enjoy being around. Will certainly did a lot of sleeping that day of course, but I enjoyed getting to introduce him to some more family nevertheless!




Fun in the Pool












Smelling Mema's flowers




Aunt Kimmy treated everyone to a treat from the Ice Cream Man (who was VERY hard to track down once we heard him...I might add)!
Thank you Kimberly!









The second trip down was as a family to eat dinner @ Mema's w/ the VA family as well. It was a quick trip, but well worth it! We miss seeing Uncle Stan and Aunt Daronda as often as we used to! And, we thoroughly enjoyed visiting and catching up w/ Dawn and Jeremy. We just talked each other's ears off the whole night. Geeez...if we only lived closer! Oh, and the meal Mema made was fabulous as well (of course)!






1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Those are all great pictures. I love reliving wonderful family times by looking at pictures. I also really enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for all the effort you put into it. Love you!