Thursday, August 6, 2009

A week in Tulsa...(long post)



The kids and I surprised Gammi & Pops back in July and spent an entire week w/ them @ their home in Broken Arrow, OK. Patrick and several of our college students were asked to be the rec team @ a church camp in South AR the same week. Therefore, I decided against taking 2 young kids (1 being a newborn) even further South in 100+ temperatures all wk. to lead recreation for 700-800 students...all while nursing every 3 1/2-4 hrs. around complete strangers. I actually REALLY missed not being w/ them that wk., but enjoyed a wonderful week at "home" w/ Mom and Dad. Kennedy also had SO much fun w/ her Gammi and Pops for that many days in a row! And...it was definitely nice having 2 extra sets of hands to help w/ the kids as well!

Here's just some of the many pictures I took during our very busy week. We...



...spent some time just hanging out together.





...went to my home church on Sun. w/ Mom & Dad. Then I took some pictures of the kids after we got home...LOVE THEM!







...went to a baby shower w/ Mom Sun. afternoon & got to catch up w/ some lovely ladies.



...spent an entire lazy evening w/ one of my closest friends, Brittany, while Kennedy played in Gammi & Pop's sprinkler.








...met 3 beatiful women (Mom, Lindsey & DeAnne) on their lunch break @ a restaurant one day.



...went to DCI @ Broken Arrow High School w/ one of my best friends from h.s., Brittany (another Brittany). There we ran into another close friend from Union (and went to U of A w/ me), Chris. We loved reminiscing a/b old times and getting to watch such amazing drum corps under the stars all evening! (Thanks to Mom & Dad for watching the kiddos for me this evening!)






...had a fabulous dinner date w/ 2 wonderful families and 4 beautiful young women! The four girls I used to baby-sit for 3 Summers during college (2 sets of sisters) all got to see Kennedy again and meet Will for the first time. Kennedy had WAY too much fun and it was a blast for all of us! Hannah, Haven, Dea & Demery were always sweet girls and have all turned into such gorgeous young ladies in junior high and high school. TOO old!










...got together w/ some our family's best friends, the Tillers/Kizzias/McElroys to let the kids play.






...went to some friends' home who also just had a baby boy. Mason was born exactly 4 weeks after Will and is quite the handsome little man!




...welcomed many other amazing friends over to Mom & Dad's who were looking forward to meeting Will!




...even took Kennedy to see the 2 houses that I lived in previously in the BA/Tulsa area. Here are all 3 of the houses I grew up in (including the house Mom/Dad currently still live in) once we made the move from Fort Smith to OK when I was in the 3rd grade. I was so glad to snap a picture of each to keep as a memory. And Kennedy kept calling each of them "Momma's new house"...pretty funny! (The last house picture is where they currently live & the last house I lived in b/f college and then getting married.)





As you can tell, we saw as many people as we possibly could within one week's time! It was a lot of fun getting to catch up w/ so many friends that we don't normally have time to see on just a weekend visit home. Mom also enjoyed me bringing the kids up to her work one afternoon to meet her coworkers.

Believe it or not...I didn't even get to see but a/b HALF of the people I would have liked to during that week. So glad I got to catch up w/ as many as I did, however. Thank you Lord for such a blessing of a week!

1 comment:

amy said...

Whew, I'm exhausted and I wasn't even there! ;) It's always nice to see people you haven't seen in awhile. Catching up is fun. Looks like the kids enjoyed meeting people too. Glad you got to get away.