Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Will is ONE! (a look back)



WOW! How can it be that an entire year has passed already since we welcomed our baby boy into the world?!

After an exhausting (yet completely worth it) 32 hour labor, William Monroe was born into our family on May 20, 2009 @ 1:54 pm! We was born w/ a head FULL of thick, dark hair. He surprised the doctors by weighing 7 lbs. 8 oz. and he was 19 3/4" long. He has had SUCH a vibrant, busy personality ever since he was born. And he brings such LIFE to our days! He is sweet and even cuddly when he wants to be, strong-willed all the time, and quite the ham around people!
We love so many things a/b our sweet boy. But, we especially love that...he is a great balance w/ his big sis' differences, he constantly gives us "loves" (aka-head resting on our shoulders and open-mouth kisses), he "investigates" EVERYthing, he is ALL boy and already adores his cars/trucks/balls, he has always been SUCH a great sleeper and eater for us, he is a very 'go with the flow' kind of kid usu., he loves his pets to no end, he gets frustrated easily - yet never gives up on the task, he could live outdoors, he entertains himself so well.

Will ALWAYS keeps us on our toes, but we wouldn't have it any other way!






















(Will w/ the start of his horrible red rash @ 3 weeks old)



And here are some in b/w then and now (in order of youngest to most recent):





























And here is Will on his actual birthday...ONE YEAR OLD!





(Will's 1st birthday party up next!)

3 comments:

Rita said...

He is a handsome little guy! Happy 1st birthday Will!

Kimberly Watts said...

Wow! That was so much fun remembering. I even got choked up and almost shed a tear. He is growing up so fast. I just can't believe it. I am so blessed to be able to watch all my beautiful nieces and handsome nephew grow up!!!!

Clare said...

He is so handsome! I can't believe he's already one! I swear yesterday I was reading about you having him and I was preggo! Where does the time go??