And then on Sunday...Patrick, the kids, and I all drove into Arlington where Patrick was scheduled to preach and share a/b our work w/ the LIFELINE campus ministry @ the U of A. A few of our students who had been in TX already for the Hogs/Texas A&M game the day b/f even met us @ the church to be there in support. They're so great.
We got one last chance to see Steph and the kids b/f we drove home on Sun. afternoon. We all met a/b halfway b/w @ the Dallas Arboretum and "attempted" to take some good pictures of the 4 grandkids for Gammi's (my Mom's) birthday. They had a huge, beautiful pumpkin patch set up (which the kids were DEFINITELY more interested in than pictures of course) and we only wish we could have stayed longer to see it all! We at least got some decent ones (on Steph/Aaron's nice camera) of the kids individually, but the ones of all 4 are laugh-worthy for sure! : )
Can't wait to repeat this wknd. again! Steph and Aaron's house is looking incredible, and we're anxious to see the finished product!
We had a relaxing play date w/ some new friends from church who are already becoming close friends to us. And yes...I did say relaxing. Even w/ 5 total boys and 1 girl! The kids played so well together and ate lunch w/ ease. Therefore, Wendy and I were able to chat it up and enjoy the adult time. : ) They are such a precious family to us.
I had the honor of hosting a shower in Sept. for a good friend from church, Amanda Pate. It was so great getting to plan a shower w/ an Autumn theme b/c I think it made it even more beautiful than most! Fall flowers, pumpkins, black/white wedding colors w/ Fall colored accents = FABULOUS! I was very thankful for the help from all of the other hostesses from church too!
Amanda and Steven just got married a couple of weeks ago in a beautiful Fall wedding that Kennedy/Patrick/I were all involved in. I helped set up and decorate the day before the wedding w/ the Pate family and all of their sweet kids that we feel more like family around. It was really nice spending that quality time w/ them b/f everything got crazy and hectic the day of the wedding. Patrick and I sang a duet and Kennedy was her beautiful flower girl. I was extremely proud of what a big girl she was the entire wknd. She did her job like a pro and yet was so humble while doing it. She dropped leaves like a pro (and in somewhat of a symmetrical pattern even...not surprising if you know our borderline OCD daughter...haha.)! And, the wedding party was so encouraging when she was first nervous on the night of the rehearsal. They just clapped and cheered each time she would get down to the end of the aisle during reh. and tell her what a great job she had done. It was precious and she felt very special you could tell. : ) Two people even took her for a 5 and a 6 year old instead of 3 1/2! Whoa! ...let's not rush things people. She really did feel like a big girl though, esp. while I was getting her ready in the bathroom Sat. morning w/ Amanda and all of her bridesmaids. She
The entire Pate family means so much to us and we were so thankful to be a part of Amanda's special weekend!
Wedding day: "before" of our sweet girl
...and "after" (you could really tell how special and pretty she felt that day)
Immediately after Amanda/Steven's wedding reception, we met up w/ my very best friend from college and college roommate of all 4 years. She was in town for the (very wet) Razorback game earlier that afternoon. Sarah and her parents, Sam and Mary, are extremely special to us and I miss Sarah Ann more than words could even express. After spending 3 yrs. on the mission field in China, Sarah is now is seminary in Ft. Worth. I cherish ANY time that I get to spend w/ her and I would not be the person that I am today if it weren't for her friendship and her faithful diligence to the Word.
Kennedy also had her first real dentist appointment. She literally loved every minute of it, and even continues to ask when she gets to go back!
I was pretty blown away by the whole situation (as well as her Daddy) b/c our daughter that lives in fear of almost every "new" situation she enters...was not the least bit nervous. We had back-to-back appt's., and she actually told me on the way there that "she was going first". It might not be that big of a deal to anyone else, but I was thrilled to death to hear that. Mrs. Julie was fantastic w/ her and even allowed her to "help" during my appt. She loved picking out her toothpaste (and mine), holding the tools for Mrs. Julie in b/w use, seeing the x-rays of her teeth (as well as her adult teeth waiting up in the gums), watching the ocean video while waiting for the dentist to come check her teeth, and of course picking her new toothbrush/floss/treasure chest toy(s). She even got to see her teeth on a type of web cam that was a/b the size of an electric toothbrush. She thought that was pretty awesome!
We were so thankful that her first real experience @ the dentist was such a positive one. I only wish I had pictures of Lil' Miss using the suction tool and pushing the button during my x-rays like a pro. Maybe she has a future as a dental hygienist like my close cousin, Elise?!
Oh yeah...she got a perfect report on her teeth too!
And during a busy wknd. for Patrick, the kids and I headed to Tulsa to spend the wknd. w/ my folks. One of my close friends from high school, Kelly, is getting married soon in Jamaica for her destination wedding. So while in town, we got to have a bridal shower for her b/f she gets hitched! I always look fwd. to seeing the beautiful h.s. gals and all of our sweet Mommas (which graciously host each shower every time one of us get married or have a baby), so it was a great Sat. morning getting to catch up w/ many of them! I only wish that the entire gang lived closer and could have been there! The kids were a hoot that day @ the shower too, so they definitely got to see the true sides of Kennedy and Will ~ haha!
The kids and I even got to return to my old stomping grounds a couple of days later to eat lunch w/ Kelly & Brittany on Britt's lunch break. She now teaches @ Union H.S. and even announced to us that day that she & her husband are now expecting! Woo hoooooo! It was very surreal (to say the least) walking back through those halls, but great as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment