Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Kennedy & Ayan's FIRST trip to the Arboretum











Kennedy and I went to TX a few weeks ago to spend some much needed quality time w/ Uncle Aaron, Aunt Stephy and cousin Ayan. The first full day while there Steph and I "attempted" to take the kids to a fun 'Mommy and Me' time @ the Arboretum in Garland. I was anxiously anticipating this one-on-one time w/ Lil' Miss doing crafts, music and dance time, etc. out on the courtyard. I was also REALLY looking fwd. to seeing the botanical gardens b/c I had heard so much a/b them. However, it rained the ENTIRE time we were there, and we left completely drenched from head to toe from trying to load the kids in the car as well as loading the wagon in my trunk (which didn't fit in the first place and required us to tie down the trunk partly open still). We still had fun nevertheless and tried to make the best of the situation. We ate a yummy picnic lunch @ a dry table under the covered cafe area. We watched hundreds of elementary students run dripping wet with their sponsors through the downpours to their buses. We let the kids play with some of the toys in the gift shop. And then we came home to let them take a dry nap. It was a long, not very successful day...but we had so much fun making wonderful memories together! And we'll surely tell the kids a/b it some day! Look how beautiful it was even in the rain!

No comments: