Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hearing the heartbeat/1st ultrasound for baby Pulley #2



Around 11 weeks we FINALLY had the anticipated FIRST appt. w/ our doctor and we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. We were surprised when we showed up to find that they were also going to be performing an ultrasound to get an "accurate" due date. We didn't get an early ultrasound w/ Kennedy, so it was exciting for us all! I was a little worried going into the appt. initially, due to the multiple sicknesses I had experienced throughout the month of Sept.-Oct. I'm hardly ever sick it seems, yet it one month's time I had 2-24 hr. stomach bugs + a horrible sinus infection. Ugh! The dr. said everything was fine though, and he wasn't worried @ all!
Kennedy (and Bella) went w/ us to the appt. as well, and it was wonderful getting to let the new 'big sister' experience it all right along w/ us. The girls did great! And after becoming a little frightened @ the procedures involved in hearing the heartbeat @ first...they got real excited when we told them to "listen" for it. Kennedy also really enjoyed getting to watch the screen very closely during the ultrasound as well. Our dr. did a fabulous job including her on every step of the process! He is a wonderful Christian man who actually delivered Kennedy in Feb. '07 as well. We were thrilled the day I gave birth to see his sweet face walk through the doors of our rm. directly b/f I started pushing w/ her.
We'll try to scan the few ultrasound pictures that they printed off for us that day soon (b/c the one below isn't real clear), but here are just some of those that we wanted to capture from that day.
Everything went beautifully, the baby was doing great and was perfect size (3.8 cm for 11 weeks @ that time), and the heartbeat was very strong! Thank the Lord!








Here are 2 more "comparison" pictures of Kennedy and my doctor from March 2007 (taken @ my 6 wk. check-up after delivery) and from the first appt. w/ this 2nd pregnancy. As you can tell, Kennedy isn't just "real" used to him yet w/ how long it has been b/w meetings.




No comments: