Monday, November 17, 2008

How we announced to Steph/Aaron/Ayan...

The day we announced to the rest of the family that we were expecting, Patrick and I wanted Steph and Aaron to find out as well! Even though they live WAY TOO FAR away in TX, we didn't want them to feel left out that they weren't in town for that home Razorback game wknd. Therefore, I made this card one afternoon and dropped it in the mail JUST in perfect time for them to receive it on the same day we announced to the family.
Everything worked pretty perfect...except for the fact that they didn't read their mail until almost 10:00 pm that night! : ) We had even told them to check their mail and dropped another hint or two throughout the busy day on the phone as well. Ha! We certainly got a good laugh out of it all when Steph FINALLY did open the card that night!



1 comment:

hamiltonfamilyblog.net said...

How amazing...that very card is hanging on my fridge! It was such a creative idea, Lin - thanks for going to so much trouble. I still can't believe it took us so long to open our mail that day!!! Ha!! I love you, and we had a great time this weekend!! Can't wait for Thanksgiving!!