Monday, February 9, 2009

Painting lil' man's nursery

A couple of weekends ago, Mom & Dad came in town to help us start getting the nursery up & running. I was SO anxious to do so & couldn't wait for the wknd. to get here!
Fri. night included taking down/moving out the guest bedroom furniture (which is now his rm.). Sat., Dad and Patrick got busy pretty early taping off the room and painting it a beautiful chocolate brown. I'm always nervous that I won't like the color I picked out once it's on the walls, but I'm literally IN LOVE w/ this shade of brown. It was just perfect! And, Dad/Patrick did quite the professional job again...just like they had done w/ Kennedy's rm. painting extravaganza in '06!
Mom & Dad even stayed @ the house Sat. afternoon for a few hrs. by themselves doing any touch-up painting, while the 3 of us couldn't miss out on our niece's 3rd b-day party in Huntsville. It was very sweet & understanding of them!
I'll post some more pictures of the nursery so far (w/ furniture & all included) very soon! But, atleast you can see the wall color in these.
Thank you Mom and Dad for your gracious help!


Before (the look of the guest bedroom)

Playing around & jumping on the box springs b/f they were moved downstairs

What a cheeseball!




view looking across the top of the staircase into K's rm. as well as into the 'Jack and Jill' bathroom connecting the two

corner of the rm. w/ walk-in closet

3 comments:

Ashley U. said...

Oh, this color is FAN.TAS.TIC! It's going to look great.

Rita said...

Love the color!

B said...

That is Hayden's brown and we are in love with it too! In fact, I'm toying with painting our room that color!!!! It's just a great color for a wall!!! What colors are you accenting with?