Our baby boy is finally here and we couldn't be more thrilled!
William "Will" Monroe Pulley was born @ 1:54 pm Wednesday, May 20th, 2009. He was 7 lbs. 8 oz. and was 19 3/4 " long (a pound and an ounce bigger than Kennedy).
He was named after my Dad (William Daniel Hobbs-"Dan") and late Papa (William Fay Hobbs), as well as Patrick's late Grandpa (Harvey Monroe Pulley). We loved how Kennedy's first and middle name are family names, and wanted to use the names of other significant people in our lives when naming Will.
After receiving a very sincere apology from the new dr. on-call Wed. morning a/b the continued pain I had been in for no good reason...we learned I was dialated to a 5 and I received a beautiful epidural. Woo hoo! Thank you Lord for technology! I was then encouraged by the sweet dr./nurses to take a short nap to regain some strength b/f they broke my water. It was very smart and very thoughtful of them, and I truly appreciated the quiet dark room for 2 solid hrs.! After they broke my water...I progressed completely within 2 hrs., pushed for 10 minutes, and out came our sweet baby boy!
I am overwhelmed w/ thankfulness when I even THINK a/b the fabulous doctor and nurses who helped us deliver Will. Even though my personal dr. was unable to deliver on Wed., the wonderful man who delivered was a true blessing to my entire family (w/ 41 yrs. of experience)! My day and night nurses were fabulous as well, and took wonderful care of Will and myself Wed. and Thurs.!
The Lord helped me through the entire 32 very unexpected hrs. and I'm also thankful for the strength and patience he granted me throughout it all! So much for the common "2nd time around is SO much faster" idea, huh?! My sister was a huge help for the 2 days leading up to Will's birth (as well as a lot of fun), my Mother-in-law was there through it all, Nana/Aunt Vicki/Elise made the trip from Ft. Smith to be there when we all "thought" I'd be admitted Tues. mid-day, and Mom even missed her entire night's sleep Tues. night to stay awake w/ me through the intense pain after we were discharged the 2nd time. We have been blessed w/ beautiful family members who were willing to be there w/ us through it all, and we are forever grateful for their love and support. Oh, and a very special "thanks" to our sweet friend Caroline! She watched Ayan and Kennedy for part of the day Wed. @ our house, so Steph/Mom/Dad wouldn't have to miss a thing! What a huge help she was!
We are all MORE than in love w/ Will and are enjoying every single moment w/ him already! He is a wonderful eater, a great sleeper, and a very easy-going baby so far. His big sister is in love w/ him and has to know where he is and what he's doing @ all times. : ) She looks forward to each and every time that she gets to see his eyes open and gives him continuous hugs and kisses all day long! We definitely see a lot of her in him already, but can't wait too see how much more evident it all becomes in the weeks and months to come!
...you KNOW we'll be posting some more pics as soon as we can, so stay tuned! (still trying to convert all of the large pictures taken into smaller files available for uploading)
16 comments:
BEAUTIFUL!!
Our boy name WAS Alex Monroe...I LOVE Monroe, but we ended up changing our minds...his name is precious and he is gorgeous!
Congrats!!!
I had hoped to make it up to the hosp. to see you but didn't..when you get settled in I'll stop by with a gift and to hold that sweet boy!
Congratulations you guys! Sorry you had to go through the getting sent home thing! That happens at our hospital a lot. He should have just kept you and broke your water that first day and it woulda been over with sooner! So glad your epidural worked well and you only had to push 10 minutes! That's amazing! He is so cute! I can't wait to see more pictures. Hope you're feeling well and we are thinking about you!
YEA! What a cutie he is, and with so much dark hair! Glad you are doing well Lin. It's so nice that your family was able to be there with you. I know he will bring you all so much joy! Can't wait to see more pictures of him.
Congratulations!
What a beautiful baby boy and I love the name. It sounds like a very strong name and from a teacher's view, one that will be easy to write. :-) I know that having the family there was wonderful and at least with the long labor it gave everybody time to get there. That was very thoughtful Lin. Enjoy the moments and we look forward to seeing more pics. of him. With love, L.
Congrats he is so handsome I can't wait to see other pictures!!!!
What a cute little boy!! I am so glad that he is here and healthy! Sorry you had such a hard labor with him- like you said so much for the second one being eaiser! At least your family was there with you!! Hope you are doing good and getting some rest!! :) Glad Kennedy loves her brother - she will be such a good big sister! Have lots of fun and take lots of pics!!!
Contgratulations! He is beautiful! We can't wait to meet him.
Congrats! He's so handsome. Sorry for all the trouble you had to go through, but I bet it was so worth it now!
WoooHooo!!!! Congratulations to all of you and your families. We can't wait to meet the little star! So glad to hear the labor (although long!) was so successful. We send you guys our love and prayers. Enjoy!
He's just beautiful!! We can't wait to meet him!! We are so proud of you guys and your wonderful family! Can't wait to see you all!
Love and miss you!
The Kennedy's
Congratulations! He is so precious and I really like the name. Glad your family was able to be there for you. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures, especially with Kennedy and him!
Congrats! He is so precious! Love his name!
Will is so precious!! We're glad he is here healthy and safe! You are a trooper Lindsey!! That crazy dr! I can't believe you were sent home twice, even after the progression! I'm glad all worked out in the end. We can't wait to meet Will (and see the rest of you!)!
He is beautiful! Congratulations.
He is just beautiful! Congratulations and a woo-hoo to you Lindsey for the 32 hours- I think you deserve a medal!
PS- Your mom has some news from me for you and Steph :).
Post a Comment