Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Nat'l. Youth Workers' Conference-Nashville

Patrick & I traveled to Nashville a couple of weeks ago to the LIFEWAY National Youth Workers' Conference. It was the greatest conference I've ever attended (speech therapy conferences included)...which says A LOT a/b the quality of this conf.! We were NOT excited to leave Kennedy for 4 nights, but we also knew how nice the time alone would be as well.

Kennedy left Sat. night after the Razorback game to go back to BA w/ Mom & Dad for a few nights. Then, Mom met Phyllis (P's Mom) halfway one evening to allow them the opportunity to watch Lil' Miss for a while as well. Thank you to BOTH sets of our parents for allowing us this opportunity to go away & learn a little more for a few days. I have been told REPEATEDLY that we "don't go away" enough...meaning that they don't get the opport. to watch Kennedy enough on their own. : ) Imagine that! Call us crazy, but we just prefer to have her w/ us if the situation allows. It's NEVER the same without her anymore!

Patrick & I traveled to Sheridan, AR Sun. night for a deputation appt. And after P spoke to the sweet church there concerning MBSF, we drove on to Memphis that night b/f getting a hotel. We drove the rest of the way into Nashville Mon. morning & headed home Wed. afternoon after the last session was over. Boy were we tired Thurs. @ work & while watching the kids @ home too! Whew! Such a busy wknd./wk.!

This conference was the 1st held in approx. 12 yrs. by Lifeway. Their nat'l. headquarters is in Nashville & they have beautiful facilities/bldg.'s on their campus. We stayed @ the Holiday Inn directly across the street from the campus & we both enjoyed walking everywhere we went around downtown Nashville for those few days. Great exercise too!
The only other place events were held @ was the famous 'Rocketown' downtown Nashville as well. It is where any & all entertainment during the wk. took place.

There were "break-out" sessions/conferences to attend during the days, & "general" sessions each afternoon/evening...followed by nightly entertainment by amazing bands such as :
-Todd Agnew
-Rush of Fools
-Waverly
-Group 1 Crew
-Britt Nicole

We enjoyed each of our individual sessions, and learned a lot through each general session speaker/evangelist as well. We really don't have a favorite b/c they were all THAT good! We esp. LOVED the nightly concerts w/ the bands & Christian comedians, however! Rush of Fools was the primary worship leaders Mon.-Wed., but Todd Agnew played a huge part as well. The other groups were awesome as well, and we're esp. enthralled w/ 'Group 1 Crew'. It was literally 2 straight nights of the closest seats you would never have @ a normal concert...watching the most talented of Christian groups out there right now. Amazing! Did I mention how awesome it was yet?! : )

We also were able to meet up w/ P's cousin, Caleb & his sweet girlfriend, Corin (sp?). They were a joy to spend a couple hrs. w/ Tues. evening on our dinner break & it was actually really hard saying goodbye b/c of how little we have a chance to see each other. We love him & we're so proud him and what he is becoming. Patrick truly enjoyed getting to "catch up" on old times!

We TRULY recommend this conference to ANYONE involved in youth or college ministry work. It applied just as much to Patrick/myself in college ministry as it did to the hundreds of youth pastors/youth workers there. And after meeting numerous Lifeway student ministry employees...they were all really happy that we attended & were able to gain so much from it as well. Seriously~think a/b it next yr.!



DOWNTOWN NASHVILLE: (beautiful architecture, some of our favorite bldg.'s & a historic h.s., Lifeways bldg. w/ cross archit., TN Titans stadium, Hard Rock Cafe, dinner dates, Nashville Predators arena, etc.)





















OUR HOTEL: (and view from window in our rm.)







DINNER ONE EVENING W/ PATRICK'S COUSIN CALEB & HIS BEAUTIFUL GIRLFRIEND: (such a wonderful time together)







'RUSH OF FOOLS': (our new favorite band)












TODD AGNEW: (spoke Mon. evening & led in worship too)






'Group 1 Crew': (our new fav. obsession)








WAVERLY: (REALLY hard & loud, but good nonetheless)







BRITT NICOLE: (singer/songwriter)






'THE SKIT GUYS': (hands down...the funniest Christian comedians I've ever seen)


6 comments:

Rita said...

Looks like a great conference. Adam and I LOVE Todd Agnew! I know what you mean about leaving Kennedy behind for some couples time. We have yet to let Livi stay the night with grandparents yet but we know at some point we need to do so. I am sure it is hard. I am glad that you all had a great time.

R

Allison said...

Hey! I stayed at that hotel when I was in Nashville a few years ago. It's a fun place. I didn't take many pictures, though, so I'm glad you did. Take care!

Cindy said...

Lindsey:
I LOVE your blog!!!! Just jumped on today and dug all the pictures and details you included. Of course, I especially loved the pictures you guys made with Caleb and Corinne. They enjoyed being with both of you SO MUCH. It really meant a lot to Caleb that you would take the time to meet up with them and spend some time together. He is a "family" kind of guy and loves being with family. I appreciate all the love and encouragement that you are to him, and also to all of us!!! Also, I truly dug the yearbook pictures. I went to high school with several people who looked just like that! Of course, the pictures of Mema's birthday were really special too! Since I could not be there, I was grateful to see some shots of the big event and to see Irene, who I haven't seen in at least 15-20 years. Keep up the good work! Love you guys! Aunt Cindy

Nick, Lindsey, and Anniston Kennedy said...

I have my picture with that same Elvis!! HAHA! We miss you guys! We hope to see you soon!

Nick, Danna and Ryan said...

That looked like a blast!

Alison said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!!