Monday, October 20, 2008

An old rivalry revisited (a forgotten post)

Last month we went to Broken Arrow just for the evening Fri. to attend the famous B.A. vs. Union h.s. football game. (I just somehow forgot to post anything a/b that wknd.) I haven't been to one since I was in college, and it was fun sharing it w/ Patrick and Kennedy this time! Patrick hadn't even been to one since soon after he met me as well, so we were excited to say the least. And so was Kennedy!
The result of the game was a little troubling for Union fans as B.A. FINALLY beat Union for the first time in 19 (I believe) years! WOW! We were actually secretly a little happy for all of our B.A. friends for once. It was a LONG time coming, and it sure doesn't seem to hurt like it would have if I was still in h.s. dealing w/ the defeat!
The actual reason we attended the game was to see 2 VERY important girls in my life do what they do best! As many remember...I used to baby-sit 4 beautiful girls (2 sets of sisters: Scrimshers and Penningtons) for 3 summers in b/w my college years. We all grew A LOT together in those few years and became VERY close! Our families have remained friends ever since and we get to see the Scrimshers every once in a while when we return to my home church in B.A.
Well, Hannah Scrimsher is now in h.s. @ B.A. and is a very talented member of the Broken Arrow Pride color guard (for the band). And, Dea Pennington is now in h.s. @ Union and is good enough to already be on Varsity Cheer @ UHS. Patrick and I cannot believe how old, mature, and beautiful these girls are now...but we're so, extremely proud of them!

We are truly thankful to Mike/Natalie for getting us tickets to the big game and we couldn't be more proud of all FOUR of the ladies! We enjoyed ourselves @ the game w/ Gammi and Pops as well. Kennedy played A LOT w/ Gammi and Pops, paid close attention to EVERY thing the band did, and loved yelling "FUTBALL" each time a big play was made! It was a very fun, cool night!


Hannah during Pride's halftime show



Mom, Kennedy and myself with Haven, and Demery
(aka-the wonderful younger sisters)




Dea using her talents for the team

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is crazy and sad how fast time flies by.